Ilam Cross in the centre of the village was erected in 1840 in memory
of Mrs Watts Russell, who lived at Ilam Hall. It was inspired by the
Eleanor Crosses of the 1290s.
A good part of Ilam Hall was demolished around 1934. A visit
to the Hall and Church are recommended.
In the grounds of the hall there is a shrine to St. Bertram.
It is alleged that in Anglo-Saxon times
he brought Christianity to the area.
[ Villages ] [